Start by answering these 5 questions.
1. Review the “live” events’ goals and objectives. Will moving the event online require adjusting the goals and objectives?
2. Will the event elements be adaptable to an online format? For example, silent and live auction or fund the mission ask.
3. How will attendees receive the online event format? Do they have a working knowledge of webconferencing or interactive meeting apps?
4. What tools will be necessary to support the online format? For example, quality webcam, lighting, or fundraising software.
5. Do you have the support of your leadership team, board, and volunteer committee to move the online platform forward?